Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Coupon Boot Camp on TV!





Welcome to all the new visitors who saw this blog featured on WAKA!

It was so much fun filming the spot. I just wish my coupons would have arrived in time to show even greater savings!

One thing I wish the story focused on was that I was able to bust two big coupon myths:
1. There are never coupons for meats (the story touched on this a bit)
2. There are never for fresh produce.

Using the coupons I was able to get 2 bags of salad, 2 cucumbers and 2 lbs of strawberries. I also took home with me a peelie coupon off of cereal for more money off fresh produce! I didn't want to use all the produce coupons in one day.

While I didn't take home a lot of produce, I did take home enough for a delicious spinach and strawberry salad.

What you also didn't see in the shop was the lack of large quantities like and the lack of a whole lot of processed foods. My family doesn't eat that way, so I don't shop that way...and I still managed to rack up 86 percent savings before tax!

If you missed the story, please check it out and give me some feedback :)

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy your coupon posts on 2peas, loved your TV news story, and saved your blog to my bookmarks! Thank you for showing there are bargains to be found on healthy foods, too. I hope to incorporate more coupons into my shopping.
    ~Erika aka journeyfan

    ReplyDelete